Become a member in a society of distinguished CPD/CE leaders working in medical schools and other academic institutions, nationally and internationally….
The Society of Academic Continuing Medical Education (SACME) is committed to promoting the highest value in patient care and health of the public through the scholarship of continuing medical and interprofessional education. Join us to connect with a passionate network of professional members. We are delighted to broaden our membership categories, and welcome passionate students and ‘early career’ professionals into the SACME community for mentorship and training.
- SACME Annual Meeting – Attend the premier CPD/CE professional development conference at reduced member registration rates for 3 days of specialized education and networking.
- JCEHP subscription – Enjoy a free subscription to the Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions
- Member Listserv- Engage in ‘anytime dialogues’ via the SACME member listserv. Gain immediate access to a full membership of CPD/CE leaders and experts willing to share their expertise and experiences on everyday CPD/CE practice issues, accreditation, operating challenges, essential policies and procedures.
- SACME Mentorship Program- A one-year program which matches SACME members, as mentees, with experienced SACME mentors. The mentorship is intended to provide career guidance, networking connections, and access to experience and knowledge in the field of CPD. The program is part of SACME’s commitment to its members to provide a supportive community of CPD professionals to all members and to develop scholars and leaders in CME and interprofessional CPD.
- Pulse Points – Keep a beat on new career opportunities, resources for COVID-19, regional coffee chats and more.
- Member Regional Groups- SACME members are organized into 5 geographic regions nationally. Each region has a designated leader who will organize monthly virtual ‘coffee chats’ so members may engage in open discussions with other members in their region.
Publications and Educational Programs
- INTERCOM – A general member newsletter which provides updates of major sister organizations (AAMC, ABIM, ACCME), discusses committee activities, new program initiatives, a President’s letter, and other special feature articles. Published 3 times per year.
- CE News – A digital quarterly newsletter which provides articles that serve to improve CPD/CE practice and knowledge of CPD/CE trends, challenges and opportunities. Standing columns provide updates in research and practice, tips and innovations, e-learning and technology in CPD, reviews recent scholarly publications, and featured articles. Also, CE News publishes a special report on the SACME Annual Meeting Proceedings. Past issues of CE News are archived as a resource for member review.
- Virtual Journal Club- A free, interactive webinar series offering nationally renowned speakers speaking on cutting-edge topics of to the CPD/CE professional. These are archived for member reference.
- The Harrison Survey- Released every two years, this report is designed to help Deans and Directors of CPD/CE units offer CME more efficiently and effectively and includes data collected from these units at medical schools throughout North America.
- Premium access to MedEd World – A global medical education community.
Voting Member: $495.00
SACME offers exceptional opportunities for professionals in medical education research and continuing medical education to access continuing professional development resources. This includes access to SACME’s active Listserv of peer discussions on CPD/CE topics.
Student Member: $50.00
If you’re currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at a recognized and accredited educational institution, the student member is the right membership category for you. Student members in good standing are eligible to serve on most committees and other initiatives.
How to Join SACME
Complete the new-member application to get started! Applications are reviewed monthly. Submissions received after the first day of the month will be reviewed the following month. Take me to the new-member application. If you have any questions about SACME Membership, please email Natalie Sanfratello, Chair, Membership Committee, at email@example.com for assistance.
Lived & Learned:
Centering Diverse Perspectives in Health Systems
Column Editor and Author: Holly Harris, MA